The Waipa District is in Level 3
Please continue to respect the rules to ensure everyone is safe.
We're all in this together - so please stay at home as much as possible, wear a mask when out for exercise or essential outings and wash your hands.
Respecting the rules protects you and your neighbours.
Face Masks are Mandatory
Wearing face coverings helps stop the spread of COVID-19
Wearing a face covering helps keep you and others safe.
A face covering helps stop droplets spreading when someone speaks, laughs, coughs or sneezes. This includes someone who has COVID-19 but feels well or has no obvious symptoms.
At Alert Level 3, the risk of COVID-19 being present in the community is higher.
Many locations are closed. We encourage you to wear a face covering and keep 2 metres distance from others when leaving your home. Especially if it is hard to maintain physical distance from others.
You legally must wear a face covering if you are a customer or an employee involving customer contact at a business or service operating at Alert Level 3.
You legally must wear a face covering:
- on public transport and at departure points, for example airports, train stations and bus stops
- on flights
- in taxi or ride-share vehicles — drivers and passengers
- when visiting healthcare facilities
- if you are a delivery driver to residential addresses
- inside any Alert Level 3 businesses and services that are open and involve customer contact, for example supermarkets, pharmacies, hospitality venues, takeaways, and petrol stations
- in the public areas of courts and tribunals, local and central government agencies, and social service providers with customer service counters.
Resthomes across New Zealand are in various levels of Lockdown
Please check as visits from family may not be allowed
Rest homes across New Zealand are in various levels of lockdown due to the vulnerability of their residents. They are not taking any chances.
Aged care facilities throughout New Zealand may close their doors to everyone except staff and essential deliveries. Please, understand that this is incredible difficult for people with loved ones in these facilities - but this is the best way to protect and look after them.
Handy tips on how to make a mask
All of our supermarkets in Cambridge are open for business. Each supermarket will have their own Health and Safety Policy, so please respect this! Let's keep everyone safe, together.
- #shopnormal - please shop like you normally would and remember there is no need to stockpile.
- Be kind - With everything else happening in the world aside, let's continue to be kind and considerate towards other shoppers, staff and one another.
- Limiting customer number in stores to ensure everyone has space to shop safely. Where possible only send one person per family to do your shopping.
- Be respectful of the limits on products. Don't panic buy - there is enough for everyone. There will be limits on some foods - Flour, Rice, Dry Pasta, Canned baked beans and spaghetti, UHT Milk, Frozen Vegetables, Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Personal Wash, Hand Sanitiser, Paracetamol, Household Cleaners, Period Products, Baby Formula. There's also a limit on Wine and Beer during Alert Levels 2 and above.
Please know that our food supply chain is robust. The supermarkets are working hard to ensure all the grocery items New Zealand households might need are on the shelf and readily available. Together we've got this.
Explore, Relax, Eat and Dine in Cambridge. If you're wondering what's on, where to eat, or activities for visiting friends and family - then check out this website, or you could visit the lovely team at iSITE Cambridge, Cnr Queen & Victoria St, Cambridge
Totally Locally Cambridge
Keep our Cambridge retail and business community thriving by supporting local. Explore the directory of businesses online - and let's keep our beautiful town humming, through supporting local, keeping local.
Register with Neighbourhood Support
Be a part of our community
We'd love for you to register with Neighbourhood Support, and we've made it very easy to do.
All you have to is click the button below and fill out the form that will pop up, confirm that you're not a robot, save and you'll receive an email back from us to welcome you to Safer Cambridge, your local Neighbourhood Support Group.
Welcome - you're now part of our wonderful community.
Touch base if you need help
Please, we are here to help, and if you need assistance of any kind - email us and we'll get back to as soon as we can.